jueves, 26 de marzo de 2009

The bitter and the torn

And so once again
My dear Oli, my dear friend
And so once again you are readin'em all
And when I ask you why
You raise your arms and nod, and I fall
Oh, my friend
How did you come
To get so bitter and then torn

You say I have turned
Like the enemies you've loved
But I can remember
All the good things you've done
And so I ask you please
Can I help you stop the read and the harm
Oh, my friend
What time is this
To trade reality for a hint

And so once again
Oh, Fine Reader my friend
And so once again you are readin' us all
And when we ask you why
You raise your arms and nod, and we fall
Oh, my friend
How did you come
To get so bitter and then torn

You say we have turned
Like the enemies you've loved
But we can remember
All the good things you've done
And so we ask you please
Can we help you stop the read and the harm
Oh, my friend
We have all come
To feel the shredding of your torn

-Joni Mitchell, although heavily perverted


Buenos días, corazón - Le Mans

8 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Preciosa canción.

Julián Iriarte (bueno, ya: Oliver) dijo...

Joni Mitchell, y Le Mans en su caso. Claro.

E G dijo...

That's your final? Shall I re-read Joni Mitchell? And take it as it goes?

Julián Iriarte (bueno, ya: Oliver) dijo...

Whether I could understand what you're thinking, I'm just fooling around and paraphrasing in a very personal way, regarding a completely different matter.

E G dijo...

You perfectly well know that I meant the larger message I sent. The one you, thankfully, didn't publish.

Please don't make this a more tiring and longer situation. There's no need to argue. Just answer what I asked in that message you didn't publish and that's it. You'll make it easier for both of us, don't you think?

Julián Iriarte (bueno, ya: Oliver) dijo...

I'm sorry to say I didn't get any other message: up to this day, my secretary has halted only three comments, none of yours included.
Anyway, even though this blog is indeed about my personal life and experience, I'd rather you use means different than these comments.

E G dijo...

You can always not publish them. Besides, you're an expert in cruptic language. Nobody really knows what we're talking about.

I won't even bother myslef in writing the larger message again.

Goodbye.

Oh, please, feel free to erase all the comments above. Even this, doesn't need to be published.

Julián Iriarte (bueno, ya: Oliver) dijo...

I will bother, then: I DID NOT ERASE NOR REFUSE TO PUBLISH ANY MESSAGE FROM YOU. And for the record, I am not building a judgement here.
I've been waiting months for you to make time, so don't come and tell me I'm the one extending this or even that I'm harsh or that my irony and silence are violent. You, better than pretty much everyone else, know that I don't drop things without getting them straight at least for myself.
Reconsider, with cold guts, and then make a decision.